Thursday, December 23, 2004

A quick note for Christmas

Well this will be our first Christmas in Qatar. Actually it won’t be because we are getting on a plane to go to Sri Lanka in about 4 hours. You know Sri Lanka, everybody has heard of it. Well maybe not everybody but it’s a cool place that is just south of India. Prior to this trip my only exposure to it was through my friend Shaun whose family is from there. I talk about that later just like I finished the road trip series … or plan to at least.

Since getting back from the US things really haven’t slowed down at all. If they have I haven’t noticed because I haven’t exactly been the most energetic lately. Blah. I have had a lot of thoughts going on in my head so please forgive me when everybody gets their Christmas cards in February. It’s been a little tougher then I expected but thanks to my emotionless personality it’s easy for me to handle. It has definitely been tougher for Kara who had done a great job looking on the brighter side of things.

We are hoping this trip will help us spend some actual time together and we will be able to forget about all those retched lists that fill your head and make you mad. It will be a time where we can think about one another and how lucky we are right now. Even though we are 8000 miles from the people we truly love we have found a family here that helps us get through this stuff.

I’m going to cut this blog short because I shouldn’t miss my plane and I don’t want to drone on about life being tough. We are lucky, blessed and where we have always wanted to be. I give praise to God this season and thank him for all these gifts. For forgiveness for all my wrongs and the love he shows us all.

Merry Christmas Everybody
Love Russell and Kara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home