Sunday, September 03, 2006

Life is back to Doha normality

Life is slowly moving back to some sense of normality since Kara and Emma are back in the house. I've started to wake up early each morning to do some "paper work" and eventually hope to do some studying. I've completed my application to the UT-Dallas' Global MBA program. Now it is a waiting game of getting all the little pieces to filter in to the admissions office. Things like GMAT scores, transcripts from every campus I've taken a class at, letters of recommendation and anything else they can use to "Determine the potential success of an applicant in graduate school".



I'm a little nervous about making my intentions too public because of TAMU shooting me down the last time I tried this. I think I have a better shot this time around for a number of reasons but nothing is 100%. So the purpose of getting up early is mainly to get in the routine of studying in the morning since it is not going to happen at night.



Last year I tried running in the morning because I thought the afternoon would be unbearable, well it's not. 5:00 pm is more conducive to not getting a heat stroke then 6:00 am. Its also much more likely that any exercise will happen. Through a suggestion from a friend I found a new place to run that is just a useful as not having your brains baked out of your head. It's the new sports academy where the Asian Games are being held. The coolest part is they have a running track that can keep my occupied for almost an hours without too much monotony. This is a nice alternative to dodging Land Cruisers on poorly lit roads. I haven't actually run an hour but it's nice to know that I could. The location also contains the highest concentration of grass in the entire country. It almost creates the illusion of not being in a barren wasteland, almost. The best part of it is the water boys. This is a public track but they have dedicated water boys scooting around in golf carts with bottled water dispensers strapped to the back of them. All you have to do is wave to them and they will stop, give you a plastic cup and you can get your water. I still get fascinated by this place at times.



Other then finding places to run, it's been a challenge to find time. Emma is much more active and she is a ball of fire at times. I love it when she goes into her laughing tirades for no reason whatsoever. She learning to flip onto her back. She usually does it when she's not ready to go to sleep and wants to get our attention. I expect that she will be mobile in the next month or so.



Everybody who sees her says that she looks just like me. I'm happy about this but feel bad for Kara. Seeing she had the more difficult role in producing Emma compared to my briefer and arguably more enjoyable part. One thing she has heard a couple of times is: she looks just like her father, I'm sorry. We're not quite sure what they mean by that but I'm hoping it has something to do with the efforts described above and not our actual physical appearance. I'm sure it's the former.



And for a good laugh



http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home