Tuesday, January 03, 2006

H@cK3d

So I got an email this morning from my mom telling me she was worried. That made me a little worried. I read it and it turns out this website that you are looking at right now got hacked. It wasn’t nuked and all my data became unrecoverable but the main page was replaced with a nice political message from some individuals in Turkey against the war in Iraq. There’s nothing quite so humbling as an IT professional being notified by his mom that he got hacked. Son, when did you become a member of VatanHack and are you still going to put the pictures of Doha back up?



If you would like to see the front page that was posted click here. I should be mad that they did this but this was like when I got into a small car accident in high school. It was enough to knock some sense into me but it didn’t cause permanent damage. My only question is why me. Should I feel proud my site is hack worthy. Probably not. Even though the blog does reach number 5 on the google scale and is on the second page for “Qatar Blog”. Seriously though, who looks up qatar blogs. I wonder if they randomly came across my blog and it looked like a good target and the fact that I live in the Middle East was just a coincidence. Either way VatanHack 1 RWLindell.com 0.

On another note when I was looking to see where my page ranked I found this site which looked somewhat interesting. http://www.qatarliving.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home