Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

It is Memorial Day in the states today and I was thinking about what that meant. For most of my life it has meant an extra day off and not much else. I ashamedly admit for many years I didn’t even know what it was for. The official holiday is to honor the men and women who died defending our country. So to them and their families I would like to say thank you. Thank you for making the sacrifices you did. It is because men and women like yourself that I am able to enjoy the freedoms and protection that I do as an American. No matter where I live, at home or abroad. So thanks.



I would also like to thank members of my family who have served in the military and chose to do a job that I chose not to. My grandfather Russell Workman, my dad Tom Lindell and my cousin John Horning who is on his way to Germany this fall. Thanks for everything.



If you want more information about Memorial Day you can visit http://www.usmemorialday.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home