Thursday, March 17, 2005

Jumpy, who’s jumpy?

Well this morning I had a fun little incident that I would like to share. As you may have picked up by now I drive a rather old vehicle that has more character then actual value. Well as I do every morning I went down stairs to my basement parking lot and got into what I affectionately call “The Beast”. As I turned the ignition the motor started turning and BAMMM!!! it backfired. When a car backfire’s it’s pretty loud but added to the enclosed parking it sounded like a bomb went off.

After the sound of the bomb I mean back fire I heard a guy in the garage yell “S***” and duck below the car next to him. I think he chose the fall on your face approach as apposed to the tuck and roll because his torso was hidden while his briefcase still hung in the air. Apparently the sound of my trucks ignition and then a backfire brought back conversations of “You’re going to get blown up over there” to this guy.

Well I got out of my truck and walked over to see if he was OK. He first asked me if I was OK, apparently thinking the car bomb was a dud. I just smiled and told him that it was just a back fire. He just laughed and admitted that he needed to sit down for a second. He ended up to be OK so I laughed and told him good morning and we both went to work.

That’s my funny story for the week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Russ,

I am an ex-pat living in Doha as well. I am actually trying to get in touch with your friend Jon, but I can't e-mail or leave comments on his blog. I wanted to share a security concern with you guys. Please e-mail me at mosesfreemanz@yahoo.co.nz

Thanks,
Moses

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home