Sunday, September 18, 2005

American Soccer

I got to spend a few hours in Texas this weekend. Since A&M played their game at 11:30 it was a 7:30 PM kickoff on this side of the world. We have a little toy that allows us to stream TV from College Station over the Internet with little if any deterioration in quality. That, approval from the athletics department, a few dozen pizzas and some ice chests full of sodas and you got an Aggie football game day party. Watching the game was great but seeing the local commercials was pretty cool as well. I was hoping for the Bryan transmission one with Larry Bird (not the basketball player) in it but I think this was above their advertising budget. They did have Rudy’s BBQ with sausage in it. Mmmm … sausage.



The game itself was a lot of fun to watch. It was interesting during the first half and then A&M smacked SMU around pretty severely throughout the second half. With a score of 66-8 there is not much need for explanation. There was a student who came and sat next to me because he thought he might have questions about American Soccer. Either my whooping or yelling scared him away or he found his laptop that he brought to the game more interesting but he never asked for clarification on anything that was happening. I didn’t take too much offense. I can’t say that I get too excited when there is a soccer game on. But after 3 quarters it was 10:30 and I decided I should go home. I wanted to stop by Rudy’s for some brisket but I couldn’t find it. I’ll watch the commercial a little bit closer next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home