Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thoughts in the Orlando Airport

I’m currently sitting in the Orlando Delta Crown Lounge. It’s one of the nicer lounges that I have seen but unfortunately all the snacks I was depending on when I skipped breakfast this morning are not here.



Not a whole lot to say I’ve just been doing some reflections on my trip and what it means to my life in Doha. After three weeks in the states I began to like it again. I don’t know exactly what it is but when Kara and I drove from San Antonio to Houston I felt some nostalgia when we drove through some small towns and by some open fields with actual tree lines. Kara and I talked a lot about how long we wanted to stay in Doha and the benefits of our life there. Kara is definitely a little more pro Doha then I am. It might be that I’m just a little more pro Texas. I don’t plan on coming back to Texas for a while but there something that just resonates with me there. There’s family and friends, memories and the Texas I don’t give a crap what you think arrogant redneck mentality. Who knows. I do know that this is triggered when I’m out in the more rural areas and not when I’m in Dallas, San Antonio or Houston. Am I really just a redneck in a Microsoft T-Shirt? Who knows.



I’m excited to get back to my routine and there will be no time for rest once I do. Two weeks of working with the folks in College Station, one week of normal work and then off to Germany. I’m not complaining my head just thinks a lot about these things. I’m really excited about our Germany trip. One of the cool things about backpacking around Europe is its OK to wear the same pair of clothes for a couple of days. At least that’s what I’m telling Kara. On our trip back we had a grand total of 320 pounds of stuff. We shipped 80 of it through my 4 box a month allowance A&M gives me. The rest was meticulously divided up between 4 checked pieces of luggage and 4 pieces of carry on luggage. I took a picture minus the boxes we mailed this morning. I’ll show it later.



Well that’s just a quick note, I’m on my way to London next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home