Monday, November 27, 2006

What I’m thankful for

The Doha Lindell clan celebrated Emma’s first Thanksgiving this past weekend. We had some friends over, a big turkey that I attempted to carve and even watched the Thanksgiving Day parade. It required me to adjust my wireless access point, mess with my laptop and borrow access to somebody’s slingbox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox) but gosh darn it we had oversized hot air balloons in the shape of cartoon characters floating across the screen. It’s not so much that I like watching the parade, it’s nice to have that bit of home on in the background.



It was my idea to have a small dinner on Thursday along with the TAMUQ dinner on Friday because I missed the family element to the gathering. Having a moment of silence before we ate in lieu of a prayer makes sense given our cultural makeup but it’s lacking at the same time. We didn’t go around the table saying what we were thankful for but it was nice to have some friends over. So what am I thankful for? This past year we had Emma, check. I have a great marriage to my wonderful wife Kara. I love my job and where I live. I have my wonderful family in the states. God has kept my family safe in a relatively unsafe world. Oh, A&M beat the ever lovin hell out of t.u. 12 – 7 Woo Hoo!



Speaking of the game, this is what college football is all about. I was asked before the game who I realistically thought would win. Begrudgingly I said Texas would probably win this one. Logically speaking, they had home field advantage, beaten better teams then A&M had and it had been 6 year since we beat them. I guess we were due. I wasn’t totally surprised that we won and nobody who was watching it assumed anything until the game was over. I literally had a slight buzz for the rest of the weekend. Flat tire? That’s OK A&M beat tu. Work on Saturday? 12 – 7, woo hoo! We watched it live using a slingbox. Usually we use the campuses VBrick (http://www.vbrick.com/) but something was up so we had to go with the poor man’s solution.



As long as OU beats Nebraska it looks like we will be going to the Holiday Bowl (http://www.holidaybowl.com/). BTHOHB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home