Saturday, June 12, 2004

Getting to Qatar

For traveling 8 time zones away things haven’t been too tough. Our trip started with the nice surprise of finding out we were going to fly first class. I had been told that we were before but when we got our tickets they were in business class seats. Being a person who has always flown coach I didn’t feel any need to ask for the upgrade. So when we checked in they told us the good news.

It makes the flight go by a lot faster just because my seating area is about the size of my old dorm room. Instead of pretzels we got to pick our meals from a menu. We also got complimentary sets of pajamas and toiletry bags. At least I think they were complimentary, HA!

We flew into Gatwick airport and took a bus to Heathrow airport. I had the same feeling on the bus ride between the two airports that I have each time I do something new. Everyone spoke English but it wasn’t home. I guess that goes under the no crap category, but it still hits me each time. While I’m writing this we’re about 2 hours way from Qatar. I bet things will look even more different there. I don’t want to be presumptuous though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home