Monday, June 21, 2004

Starting our goodbyes

Well it is official, I signed for the job in Qatar this past Thursday and will be start work on August 1st. So we now have less then five weeks to get our lives in the states wrapped up into nice little U-Haul boxes. The fact that we have been aware of this for over 6 months helps out a lot.

Part of the process in wrapping things up is to say goodbye to friends and family. This is then not so easy part. Even thought I’ve made a Gantt Chart to schedule when I’m going to see who it’s not like putting things into a box. It is more like going off to college again. The big difference is this time your family and friends are a little farther then a car ride away. There’s also no guarantee of seeing each other during Christmas break. This weekend I had my 2nd try at this with one of my best friends. I met Mike in 10th grade and we’ve been chill ever since. He’s taught me more then I could write here, most importantly he helped to water the seeds of my faith at some pretty crucial times.

We ate at James Coney Island hotdog stand in Houston with my wife Kara. He happened to be in town because is grandpa got pretty sick but thankfully he has recovered a large amount. After talking we realized this would be our last time to see each other for awhile. So instead of crying like women we reminisced a little and he promised he would visit me during his spring break with about 98% accuracy. I trust that he will, as long as he doesn’t buy a ticket to Doha, CA will be OK. Keep it real Mike. Soft Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home