Monday, June 28, 2004

What it takes to move 8,000 miles.

Well Kara and I are still preparing to go to Qatar. Actually I should say that I’m still going to work everyday and Kara is doing most of the preparing. With packing, doctor’s visits, HR forms, visiting family and friends, handling bills and everything else that goes into this I don’t think I will have any time to relax until Kara and I actually leave. That’s in less then four weeks … I just fainted and had to pull myself together. Kara and I went to a wedding of a family friend this weekend. It was a lot of fun, and interesting to see people that I hadn’t seen in 10 to 15 years. The fact that I’m 24 means my recollection of their names was pretty fuzzy. It was really weird seeing that church for the first time in that many years. I walked in and everything seemed a lot smaller. After the wedding we went to Dick’s Last Resort. It was a lot of fun but I wouldn’t suggest it unless you need to let off some steam by yelling at your waitress and throwing paper balls at the kids in the table next to you.

In the past week I’ve also said another goodbye to a friend of mine that I have known since fish camp. Literally one of the first people I met and we were both in College Station 7 years later. He just finished his masters in Public Health and is going to medical school at Texas Tech. It’s funny how things work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home