Saturday, July 31, 2004

Our new home

Kara and I have now moved into our new home. Wow that is weird to say. After all the talk and planning we moved in. It the actual moving in was actually very easy. It helps when the place come fully furnished. It feels a lot like when I first went to college. New room, a couple of days to prepare before you start classes and a bunch of orientations. I feel like we have gotten adjusted for the most part. Driving no longer frightens me but it still feels like I’m racing the whole time. No more lazy drives between College Station and Conroe anymore. The grocery stores are about 80% of what a Wal-Mart is. They have everything you need just not as much variety. It allows you to get by but in ways forces you to adjust.

Adjusting is an interesting concept given the circumstances. It is very easy to stay in a very American bubble if you want to. You actually have to make some effort to adjust to this culture if that was your desire. Of course this is only after less then 5 days, but I think there is some validity to the argument. Other then the basic eating and living not much else has happened here. I’m looking forward to my first day of work tomorrow and hope that things keep on going as smoothly. Of course I know better then that.

I did find out that I will be going to LA at the end of August. How’s that for jacking with your internal clock. It’s only a 10 hour difference, I’m sure it will not be to hard to adjust. I’m looking forward to the training though. It will be on the fundamentals of XML. I will working with a new toy and will need to know this stuff apparently.

I’ll keep the Blog a little more up to date then I have been.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pole,
Michelle and I wanted to invite you to our wedding, but knowing the situation we understand that you will probably not be able to make it. Check out our website so you can see all the details (www.theknot.com/ourwedding/MichelleLaskowski&JoseArce).I have learned alot about you and your experiences by reading your blog, really cool. I hope your doing well, say hi to Kara for me. I wish i could have kept in touch. Take care.
Jose

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home