Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Visiting San Antonio

I just got back from San Antonio and have to say that it was harder to say goodbye then I expected. Kara always tells me she never sees me cry. This was the closest that she has seen so far. For the most part I just don’t think about it until after the fact. It’s a good way not to get all emotional. By the time you realize you won’t see your parents for a year it’s too late to make a big deal about it.

While I was in San Antonio it was fun. We did all the things you do in San Antonio and got to spend a lot of time with family. I have decided the best way to get a conversation going is to play a game. It’s hard to discuss what’s going on while watching TV.

Things are really starting to get real. So instead of droning on  about how this is going to be so cool and different I’ll just leave it at that. Things are going to start looking a lot different and that’s OK. I keep telling myself it is a lot like working on a farm when I was 15, going to college or joining The Corps a semester later. I’m going to be uncomfortable, hesitant and wanting to reverse my decision. Eventually I’ll deal with it and the world will be full of shiny happy people.

Thanks for reading, I’ll be posting pictures of Kara in Iowa and both of us in San Antonio soon.

Saturday and Sunday Kara and I will be in England. I’ll let all of you know how it goes.

Keeping it real on the North side of C-Town

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home