Thursday, September 30, 2004

Inland Sea Part Deux

This past Friday we went back to the Sand Dunes for another go at Dune Bashing. It starts off by driving down to this place called sea line resort and deflating your tires to about 20 psi. Then we take off into this huge sand box. Going through sand dunes is like going through the snow except hotter. You can walk on sand but a two ton truck can sink in it as well. Deflating your tires gives you a bigger foot print so this will not happen. Theoretically at least.

The course of action the last two times has been to go cruise around several dunes, get stuck a couple of times and go have a barbeque. The cool part about going over the really big dunes is you have to power your way up to the top and cross of the peak without slowing down and then slow down enough so you don’t go out of control on the way down. I have not brought the mini beast out there yet so I haven’t experienced what it’s like to be in the driver’s seat.

This time we only got stuck once but that was when Anton and myself drove out into what amount to a swamp next to the shore. I don’t remember the name of it but it’s fairly solid but to a point where it is deceiving. So we drove out onto it and ended up getting fairly stuck. Luckily a guy who was with us was able to get his cousin to pull us out. I didn’t get a picture of that because people were feeling a little stressed by that point and I didn’t want to say wait wait let me take another picture. It was a sight though. This 80’s model Toyota LandCruiser pickup with two huge barrels of water in the pack pulling out this brand new LandCruiser.

After that we went snorkeling and that was awesome. I tend to sink so when I was a able to float along without any effort it was pretty cool. I saw a couple of schools of fish go by at first the rest of the time I was just watching the floor of the ocean go by.

All in all good times. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I’m able to put captions with them now but they are underneath the big pictures so you may have to scroll down a little.

Click Here to see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home