Saturday, September 04, 2004

Insert some satirical comment =here=

It's been about 6 weeks since we left Texas and Qatar is now starting to feel like home. Not Texas but not a place where I'm just visiting. The local newspaper has replaced the BCS Eagle, even thought I still read it on occasion to see what is going on. The movie theatre, shopping mall and little quirks about this place are now my way of life. They are no longer little nuances to write home about.

Some major things have been happening since my last post. Kara is currently working at The Learning Center which is on the education city campus where I work. Basically we are looking for a job that will allow her the flexibility to travel with me but still find fulfillment in her job. Yes, we are asking for two dream jobs at once. I know it is a lot to ask but what we have found that either it will be provided or our expectations will be changed to what we truly need. Basically Kara has been given the position as a teacher's assistant for all of 7th grade. The pay is about 40% of what a sub would make but it is guaranteed while for a sub it is not. There really isn't any direction for the position but after discussing this with the director they told her that they would do the best they could to take advantage for her talents. We’ll keep you up to date with how this goes.

Speaking of people who we haven't kept up to date and on the chance they are reading this, I'm sorry. I still owe the people I used to work with a huge thank you email for all that they did when I left. It's coming I promise.

My project is going well. I gave my first demo yesterday. Even though the functionality is 80% there the UI (user interface) looks like a kindergartener did it. I'll demo it for real at the director's meeting on the 13th. I'll let everybody know how it went once It's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home