Monday, September 13, 2004

I think I’ll call it Mini Beast

Well I have found a car that I’m thinking of buying but I’m not sure why. I told Kara that if I bought this car / truck / Mini Beast that it would be one of the more illogical things that I have done in a long time. What is so interesting about this piece of mechanical machinery you ask? Well it is a 1982 Nissan Patrol. It has a very uncanny resemblance to my first car which was a 1984 Bronco II. Yes, the one that caught on fire and burned to the ground in the original Macaroni Grill’s parking lot. Except for the behemoth tires and orange and white paint job (yeah, I know) they are very similar.

The decision to be made is this. The vehicle is over 20 years old. If it has power steering I haven’t found it and the AC works but it’s not exactly a cool breeze artic blast. The upholstery leaves something to be desired and I haven’t figured out how to open the back door. It goes from 0 to 100 (62 mph) in about 5 minutes. This makes the already risky sport of driving in Doha that much more challenging.

On the other hand it is a lot of fun to drive. Even when you only have 4 gears and it is screaming at 80 (50 mph). It reminds me somewhat of this 2 ton dump truck I once drove. Ah, memories. I will only be driving it to and from work and we can take Kara’s car for anything else. The price is not bad as well. It is QR 4000 which roughly equates to $1100. If I knew I would only be here for a year it would be a no brainer. Take it, have fun. If it leaves you stranded there are always taxis. This has been my major argument for taking it so far. It’ll be a toy that I can knock around until it is ready to go and for the money it’s hard to beat. So this is where you come in. Send me an email at and tell me what your thoughts are. The winner gets a free ride in it if you ever come over.

PS I made my email an image because I’m a geek and I don’t want Internet spiders to pick it up and give it to Joe Spammer. Ha! I have enough online degrees and well lets just leave it at that.

Click Here to see more pictures. Yes my sort script for most recent pics has a bug in it Eric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home