Sunday, October 03, 2004

Everwood in Doha

TV selection for the English speaker in this part of the world is somewhat limited and can be described as vanilla at best. It’s hard to complain, I don’t remember too many Arabic stations in College Station. Well luckily we live in the age of the Internet where my generation has developed the motto of all information, should always be available, should always be free and you better not try any of that dial-up 56kbs crap on me. So instead of watching three year old soaps I’ve downloaded my favorite TV shows via bit torrent.

Not that Everwood and cough Gilmore Girls cough are up for any Emmys but they were Kara’s and my favorite shows when we only got FOX and TBN in Bryan. Whenever I watch them it reminds me of our first few months of marriage when we were living off a $100 for groceries for two weeks and taking walks through the nicer neighborhoods for our entertainment. It’s the same way when you hear a song that reminds you of a certain time in your life. For some reason Marcy’s Playground Sex and Candy always reminds me of the summer I graduated from high school when I was running as a courier for an engineering firm.

So as one of my coping mechanisms for living so far from what I’m used to I download TV Shows and listen to my hometown radio station over the Internet. If the pattern is the same as when I joined the Corps I’ll eventually rely on things like this less and less. I’ll just download Everwood to see if Efrem will end up with the girl or not.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can u download an episode of everwood?
gorillazbeast333@netscape.net

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm living in Holland and i'm searching for 3 days just to find a site where i can download the first season of everwood episodes! i can;t find it.can someone help me??
thnx

4:52 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

Annabelle,
I can't help you with season 1 but if all of season 3 is at http://www.tvtorrents.ws/.

Hope that helps

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home